Re: ORA-010002: fetch out of sequence

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 18:17:59 +0100

In article <375DFAB3.9E6B90AD_at_cyber.net.pk>, Syed Salman Shakir <ssalman_at_cyber.net.pk> writes
> Hi,
> I'm running a report in Report 5.0 of Developer 2000 under Windows
> 98. Previously it was running fine.
> Now while I run this report. It shows me client/server activity,
> displays that it is formating pages and then it gives an error
> message that
>
>             ORA-010002: fetch out of sequence
>             ==> SELECT ALL A.CUSTNUM,
>
> This problem occurs only if I run this report for 7-Jun-99. If I
> run this for 6-Jun-99 or 8-Jun-99 it still works fine.
> Can anyone of you help me ....
>
> Regards,
> Salman

A fetch out of sequence usually indicates an attempt to fetch more data after all the records have already been read or reading from a SELECT FOR UPDATE cursor when a COMMIT has occurred (and similar things can happen in your PL/SQL code).

Send it back to the programmer!

Andy

--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request