Re: "RUNNING ORACLE REPORT FROM FORMS"

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:59:41 +0100

In article <01beb2ca$5dbda480$0935bf82_at_tom1.sdsu.edu>, Thomas Morgan <tmorgan_at_mail.sdsu.edu> writes
>Hi everyone:
>
> In our office we are just beginning to integrate oracle forms and
>reports.
>We have this one report that we just call from a menu item. If I am running
>the form with the account of the designer of the report, the report runs
>fine, if however we run the form (and the report for that matter) using a
>ROLE that has all the right permissions then reports does not seem to want
>to run any PL/SQL statement.

One thing to bear in mind is that PL/SQL procedures run with the permissions of the USER and not the ROLE. You may have to give explicit permissions to the user to access the tables, procedures etc.

Andy

--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request