Oracle News from www.dbdomain.com

From: Karen Schiffer <kschiffer_at_animatedlearning.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:11:30 -0700

The Database Domain News Update
Monday, June 14, 1999
emailnews_at_dbdomain.com
http://www.dbdomain.com
       The Database Domain is a service provided by
                 Animated Learning, Inc.
            (http://www.animatedlearning.com)

                        TOP STORIES

Following are abstracts of the top stories for this week. Please visit http://www.dbdomain.com/news.htm for the full text of all of these stories.

  • IMPORTANT ORACLE SECURITY ALERT! Oracle downplays the importance of security bug --- don’t worry, though, we tell you where to get the patch.
  • 30% OFF ALL ORACLE TESTING FEES UNTIL JUNE 30, 1999 We tell you who to call to get a whopping 30% off the tests for the remainder of the month!
  • ORACLE FINALLY ADOPTS MICROSOFT’S OLE DB? Oracle quietly signed a multi-million dollar deal to license software based on OLE DB, which will become a key part of its flagship Oracle 8i server.
  • UK ORACLE USERS ARE AT IT AGAIN Seems as if UK users really do practice what they preach. In our last email newsletter, they offered tips on how to negotiate a better deal from Oracle. Now, it seems as if they’ve gotten Oracle UK to change the licensing policy for its 8i database.
  • SINGLE COURSE CD-ROMs NOW AVAILABLE The Database Domain is proud to announce the release of our single course CD-ROMS. With any single course CD-ROM purchase, you will receive three FREE bonus courses:
  • QWEST TO HOST ORACLE BUSINESS ONLINE APPLICATIONS Within three months, Oracle’s Business OnLine service will be a reality through a partnership between Oracle and Qwest Communications International Inc.
  • ORACLE ACQUIRES THINKING MACHINES Oracle gets smart and fills out it business-intelligence product line by acquiring data mining software vendor Thinking Machines.
  • ACTION PLAN: MIGRATING TO ORACLE8i Whether you are considering migrating now or in a year, this article is a must read. It outlines migration paths for Oracle6.x, Oracle7.x, and Oracle8.x users.
  • BECOME AN ORACLE CERTIFIED PROFESIONAL FOR FREE AT THE EOUG CONFERENCE During the EOUG Conference in Copenhagen June 21 - 24, Oracle is offering you the opportunity to become an Oracle Certified Professional for free! You can register to take any certification exam during the conference free of charge. The conference also includes over 270 presentations by users and Oracle speakers. For more information, visit http://www.eoug.com.
  • FREE Oracle8.i CD is Shipping
  • FREE Download of Oracle8.i on NT or Solaris
  • FREE Oracle8.i Documentation Online Now
  • FREE Oracle Y2K Software Upgrades
  • FREE Oracle Y2K Information at One Site

Above are abstracts of the top stories for this week. Please visit http://www.dbdomain.com/news.htm for the full text of all of these stories.

UPCOMING ORACLE EVENTS

June 14 - 17
ODTUG (Oracle Development Tools User Group) Spring ‘99 Conference The Marriott Harbor Beach Resort, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida http://www.odtug.com
1.910.452.7444
fax: 1.910.452.7834

June 21 – 25
EOUG (European Oracle Users Group) Conference & Exhibition 1999 Copenhagen
More than 200 sessions; focus on best practice and the latest Oracle technology trends and directions
http://www.eoug.com

June 22 - 24
PC Expo
Jacob Javits Center, New York, New York