Re: Job Queue

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:17:54 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Todd" <toddlee_at_ms4.url.com.tw> (if that email address didn't require changing) On 14 Jun 1999 05:14:18 GMT, you wrote:

>We try to use the 'Job Queue' in our MIS system.
>
>I have submit a job in queue but it don't execute though dbm_jobs.run works
>fun.
>
>Are there somethings I do not know to let job queue works automatically?

are you commiting after the dbms_job.submit call? If not - the job is visible to your session but not to the job queue processes.

make sure you commit after dbms_job.submit.

Also check the init.ora parameters

job_queue_interval job_queue_processes

if these are not set -- then jobs will not auto-run...

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Mirrored (and more current) at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th