Re: Oracle lite vs Oracle 7.3

From: <bgoyal_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 05:17:08 GMT

In article <HXM73.137$q97.866_at_news1.online.no>,   "skippy" <simon_at_rmg.as> wrote:
> hello all,
>
> Hopefully someone will have some
comments/pointers/advise regards the
> following.
>
> We have developed JAVA software that talks to
Oracle 7.3.

> due to pricing, we have tried to load the same
system against Oracle lite.

> Without getting specific, it does not work -
data is not loaded up
> correctly, and problems occur when saving.
Bottom line, we could not release
> such a system. The version we have is at least a
year old, so maybe the
> latest version/patches will remedy the problems.
>
> If any of this rings any bells, I look forward
to hearing from you,

> regards,
>
> mailto: simon_at_rmg.as

Hi Simon,

The latest release of Oracle Lite is v3.6 with the new release Oracle8i Lite due in June end. Oracle8i Lite promises enhanced compatibility with Oracle Server. If you can let us know the specific problems we will be able to help. One of the difference is DDLs in Oracle Lite need to be committed explicitly while in Oracle Server DDL they are automatically committed.

thanks,
Brajesh (bgoyal_at_us.oracle.com)

Brajesh Goyal
Phone:650.506.8804
Product Manager Fax:
650.506.7222
Oracle Mobile and Embedded Products Cell: 650.255.9676

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 14 1999 - 07:17:08 CEST

Original text of this message