$sth->{SCALE} DBI/DBD/Perl/8.0.5 question

From: James Lewis <jlewis_at_netnitco.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 14:16:45 -0500

We had a mishap recently where several important tables were deleted from our database. These were system tables. While oracle is still functioning on the application side, our development side has been hampered. I was able to repair enough damage to allow us to create tables, but I fear eventually the problem will become larger.

I'm attempting to mirror the production database on our development server. I'm doing this by recreating the entire database from scratch. (Starting to see the problem?) Using Perl and DBI/DBD I can retreieve the column names and types easily, but when I try to retrieve the field lengths, I get 0 everytime.

Anyway have some ideas? I am guessing the oracle driver (DBD) doesn't support scale (and precision) correctly, depsite the fact I've seen them looking through the source code...

If you have ideas on how we can retrieve the database information (not the data itself--that's easy) i'd be happy to hear them.

-James
jlewis_at_netnitco.net Received on Sat Jun 12 1999 - 21:16:45 CEST

Original text of this message