Memory-based 'virtual' database???

From: Adam Brown <adam_at_freestream.com.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 13:14:48 +1000

We are developing a Windows app that will be using a Unix based Oracle database.

The application will be using crystal reports and we would like to be able to make changes to data in the client application and then update Crystal Reports immediately without having to send data to and from the Oracle database which is the bottleneck in the existng system.

Currently the only way I can see to do this is to create a number of memory-resident views of the database and have Crystal reports extract information from them. Is there a way I can create a "virtual" database that resides in the client machines RAM that can be registered and appear as a normal Oracle database?

Is there another approach, short of hacking Crystal Reports?

thanks in advance,

Adam

 Adam Brown                     mailto:adam_at_freestream.com.au

 Freestream - Engineering and scientific computing

 17 Stanlake St Footscray        http://www.freestream.com.au
 3011, Melbourne,                      Phone: +61 3 9317 8471
 Australia                               Fax: +61 3 9318 5069