WebDB Question

From: <johncern_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 21:12:30 GMT

I have a couple of questions regarding the features of WebDB, and have not been able to find these answers in the documentation. Here is what we are looking to do.

There would be a default view created that everyone who accesses the Intranet could see. Upon logging in, they could pick and choose which pieces of information they'd like to see. This information would be in the form of modules that the viewer could choose. Can WebDB do this?

In addition, I'd like to let users sign up for a personalized view. They could specify their own name and password and then have their selected modules presented to them the next time they log in. Should that person need access to other higher access areas, they would have to request it from the DBA. Is this possible with WebDB?

I'd really like to see the entire Intranet here moved into an Oracle database. However I do need to know whether it offers those features. If not, can anyone recommend another approach for me to take. The end result I am hoping for would be something similar to a "My Yahoo" or a "My Lycos". Any help would be appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 11 1999 - 23:12:30 CEST

Original text of this message