MAXIMUM CURSORS EXCEEDED !!!

From: Meinaz <meinaz_at_cyberway.com.sg>
Date: 11 Jun 99 16:51:39 GMT

[Quoted] Hi folks,

I have wriiten a PL/SQL script that gets the nextval from a user-created sequence. The select SEQ.nextval statement is parse dynamically by using DBMS_SQL package.

The problem is I am unable to run this script too many times. I'll hit "MAXIMUM CURSOR EXCEEDED" SQL error. Can someone tell me where have i gone wrong with my script? Did I miss out anything. I DO close the cursor though.

When i check v_$open _cursor, the sql_text corresponding to the cursor are the select from sequence statement.
Is v_$open_cursor the CORRECT views to check for any currently opened cursors in the database instance?

BTW, I am using ORACLE 7.2.3.

Appreciate ANY advice!!

THANX!! meinaz Received on Fri Jun 11 1999 - 18:51:39 CEST

Original text of this message