SQL*LOADER - NOT NULL

From: <analyst_user_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:30:37 GMT

[Quoted] I have a .dat file that has spaces for some columns. Some of these columns are defined as NOT NULL. When I run the script I get the error of the NOT NULL columns.

If there are spaces in the .dat file for a column, SQL*LOADER translates it to being NULL? Why doesn't SQL*LOADER load the spaces into the fields?

Something I tried is "decode(:LNAME,NULL,' ',:LNAME)", but I don't want to do this if it is unnecessary.

I would appreciate any help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 16:30:37 CEST

Original text of this message