Re: WebDB & Multiple Oracle Homes (8i)

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:02:49 GMT

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:25:28 -0400, "Heidi Schuerger" <schuerger_at_utopia.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

> General Information: You inputed an incorrect system password. Please
>make sure the database is up [OK] [Cancel]

I ran into this yesterday, and solved the problem by going into my registry and setting LOCAL to point to the database into which I wanted to install WebDB. The key that I went to is: hkey_local_machine->software->oracle->all_homes->home0. I created a new string value, named it LOCAL, and set it to the service name of the database I wanted to use. The reason for this is that the WebDB install doesn't supply a service name when it connects to the database to create the packages. So you have to make that database the default database.

regards,

Jonathan Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 18:02:49 CEST

Original text of this message