Discoverer Web Viewer+Firewall

From: <jozsoj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:45:26 GMT

Hi folks!

We have just installed Discoverer Viewer Server to NT 4.0 behind the firewall. At that place the Discoverer Viewer works properly. But when I have tried to access this feature via Internet from an outside place, the Discoverer viewer starts to operate in the client-side, and it is waiting-waiting long time to get connected. As I found out the Discoverer Viewer Server selected a random free port to answer and it was trying to send answer but the firewall blocked this response.
I hope that must be an option to say the Discoverer Viewer Server to use that port(s) only. If anyone knows it, please, feel free to email it to me.

 Jozsef Szilagyi
szilagyi_at_mabisz.hu

Versions:

Oracle Discoverer Server 3.1.34
Oracle Discoverer Viewer 3.1.33c

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 14:45:26 CEST

Original text of this message