How to load a complete empty record using sqlldr?

From: <ewong74_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 22:36:27 GMT

[Quoted] Hi there,

[Quoted] I have a ascii data file(separated by |) with 2 fields and thousands of [Quoted] rows. One of the rows(the first row) is completely empty. The data file looks like:

aaa|bbb
ccc|ddd
eee|fff

If I do a load using sqlldr, the first record(the one completely empty) [Quoted] are always discarded. Is there a way to load a completely empty row using sqlldr? You may ask why I need to load a empty record into the db. This is for some data relationship purpose that I must do. And I [Quoted] don't want to do a insert ... values ('','') every time after the db is refreshed.

[Quoted] Thanks!

Ed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 00:36:27 CEST

Original text of this message