"RUNNING ORACLE REPORT FROM FORMS"

From: Thomas Morgan <tmorgan_at_mail.sdsu.edu>
Date: 9 Jun 1999 22:52:33 GMT

Hi everyone:

        In our office we are just beginning to integrate oracle forms and reports. We have this one report that we just call from a menu item. If I am running the form with the account of the designer of the report, the report runs fine, if however we run the form (and the report for that matter) using a ROLE that has all the right permissions then reports does not seem to want to run any PL/SQL statement. For instance if we have record on a table and we simply select them for display then they will display fine. If however I perform a simple delete from the table in the before report trigger then I get this message:

[Quoted]         Starting report CWS_JOB_POSTING [Wed Jun 09 15:42:19 1999] ... REP-1439: Cannot compile program units since this is a runtime only report. End report CWS_JOB_POSTING [Wed Jun 09 15:42:27 1999].

Can anyone help me. I thank you in advance.

Thanks,

Thomas Morgan (tmorgan_at_mail.sdsu.edu) Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 00:52:33 CEST

Original text of this message