Re: Developer 2000 Version 2.0 Connection Problem

From: Sean Zhang <sean_at_cnfei.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 19:11:44 GMT

  Hi Kirk,

  As far as I understand, Sql Plus 8.0 uses Oracle Net8, the TNSNAMES.Ora file should be put in directory ORACLE_HOME\net80\admin. ( the default directory in NT
is : c:\orant\net80\admin).

 But developer 2000 version2.0 uses SQL*Net 2.3, the network configuration file TNSNAMES.ORA
should be put in ORACLE_HOME\network\admin directory. Just copy tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora
from Oracle_Home\net80\admin to Oracle_Home\network\admin, Developer 2000 should work.

Hope this hopes.

Sean Zhang
mailto:sean_at_cnfei.com