Developer 2000 Version 2.0 Connection Problem

From: Kirk W. Conrad <kwconrad_at_mdanderson.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:46:33 -0500

We just go Developer 2000 Version 2.0 to run with our Oracle 8 database. I installed it on my NT workstation and ran Net8 Easy Config. I can get to the database with SQL Plus 8.0. However, I can't get any of the Developer 2000 components, like Report Builder, to get a connection. The message is REP-0501: Unable to connect to the specified database. ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service names.

I had 2 tnsnames.ora files so I renamed one so that I would be dealing only with a correct one. Is there any way to make sure Developer 2000 use this one? Also, we're not using domain names.

Any suggestions and comments appreciated.

Kirk Received on Wed Jun 09 1999 - 19:46:33 CEST

Original text of this message