JDeveloper 2.0 Connection Problem for sample ( or any ) project

From: TurkBear <Turkbear_at_news-ituk.to>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 17:16:01 GMT

Hi,
In JDeveloper 2.0 I am trying to create a connection - following the tutorial steps, I defined it as a Named Host and used the TCP/IP address and port for my remote Oracle 7.3.4 database and listener ( same as in the TNSNAMES.ORA file ) and using JDBC Thin as the driver...

I get a 'Connection Exception' message box and the message is "End of TNS Data Channel" ---

Is there a problem connecting to a remote database with this tool ?

( Running JDev on WinNT 4.0 - database is on a NetWare server - all other
Oracle tools ( dev2000,des2000,sqlplus, etc can use this TNS name to connect) )

( BTW, the same error occurs when I choose 'use existing TNSNAMES entry ' for
the connection....)

Any pointers much appreciated....

For Email replies use john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us

Thanks,
John Greco Received on Wed Jun 09 1999 - 19:16:01 CEST

Original text of this message