Re: PL/SQL Cartridge Stateless ?

From: Bill Coulam <bcoulam_at_ngtele.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 14:01:27 -0500

It is my understanding that it is indeed stateless, even though connections to the DB are supposedly maintained in a pool either by the cartridge or the WRB. For our needs I created a number of tables and packages on the back end to handle session mgmt., user mgmt., authentication and authorization, emailing out of Oracle, etc. When the user logs in I store a session row for them and update it with every request. That combined with cookies allows me to keep track of what they are doing, restore a session after a browser crash, etc. If there's a better way to manage state with a system based on the PL/SQL cartridge, I'd be glad to hear about it.
- bill c.