Connection manager

From: <mavoigt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 12:24:03 GMT

Hello,

I tried to install the Oracle Connection manager to access a Oracle8i database running with Solaris 2.6.

Therefore I started the two CM-processes on a NT4.0 system. As I understand, the services should cause to write a standard "cman.ora" file. Nevertheless I have not such a configuration file but a service (OracleOraHome81CMAdmin) with 100% cpu usage! Consequently I wrote a cman.ora file myself and stored it in <ORACLE_HOME>/NETWORK/ADMIN. I am not really sure whether it is the right directory, but I am still not able to connect to the database.

I also tried it with a brand new Oracle installation, but the result remains the same.

Did I forget something?

Thanks, Matthias

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 14:24:03 CEST

Original text of this message