Re: DBMS_SQL 8.0.5 Bug?

From: David Pattinson <david_at_addease.com.au>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 12:11:51 +1000

Dan,

Has your package owner user got 'create any table' privilege directly? I use a packaged DBMS_SQL procedure to build synonyms and I needed to give the package owner the 'create any package' privilege directly - not through a role.

Incidentally, AFAIK you don't need to EXECUTE a DDL statement in DBMS_SQL. The PARSE operation executes DDL statements directly. This is probably why you're seeing the error in the PARSE operation.

Another thing I found out is that the DBMS_SQL package is no longer 'safe', so it can't be used in any functions you want to put inside SQL syntax.

HTH, David.