DBMS_SQL 8.0.5 Bug?

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 8 Jun 1999 01:46:01 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a package that uses DBMS_SQL.SQL to create a table. Works fine on 8.0.4, but in 8.0.5 it gives me 'insufficent priv'. I can run the script from SQL*Plus with no problems, so it has something to do with with the fact it is a package. Some other observations:
1. The table is to be owned by the user [same schema]
2. SYS nor SYSTEM can run it either.
3. CREATE table and CREATE index are affected, SELECTs , UPDATEs, INSERTS are
fine
4. Error occurs on the DBMS_SQL.PARSE call, not the DBMS_SQL.EXECUTE call
5. Have rebuilt the DBMS_SQL and DBMS_SYS_SQL packages (repeatedly, actually)
6. Granted roles explictly to the user to no avail.

This is a new installation...did something go wrong on the install? or is there a bug in 8.0.5?
(8.0.4 on NT, 8.0.5 on Alpha)

Thanks for any suggestions...

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 03:46:01 CEST

Original text of this message