TEXT_IO ?

From: Marc Mazerolle <informaze_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 20:07:38 GMT

Hi all,

We are trying to write a binary file using TEXT_IO but it does not work too good.

We tried to write string like :

CHR(27)||'text'||chr(10)||chr(0)

but the CHR(10)||CHR(0) combination don't come out. We get a carrige return/linefeed combo.

We can't have any carrige-return/linefeed combo in the output file.

The file generated is meant for a special bar-code printer which only accept files generated in the form mentionned in my previous mail. We use to generate these files with a clipper program but we are now converting to Oracle Forms.

Yes, CHR(10) is a linefeed and CHR(0) denotes an end-of-string for the printer pretty much like a C string. TEXT_IO function seams to interpret

this CHR(10) as a end-of-line and transforms it into a CR/LF combination suitable for DOS files and just remove the CHR(0) from the output. In C,

i would open the file for output using "WB" for "write-binary" and from there, no interpetation of special characters is done. I don't have this

option with TEXT_IO. Is there another function i could use in Forms do get this result ?

Any suggestion ?

Regards,

Marc Mazerolle
InforMaze Inc. Received on Mon Jun 07 1999 - 22:07:38 CEST

Original text of this message