Re: Getting Started w/ Oracle - I REALLY NEED HELP

From: Brian Everett <beverett_at_earthlink.netNOSPAM>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 01:32:51 GMT

[Quoted]   Using Oracle's web server you can use the web server toolkit which is a bunch of packages for generating html forms. It's real easy if you understand pl/sql and html. The WebDb option is a very quick way to set up a web site. You'll undoubtedly edit a lot of the forms that it creates but it does 95% of the work for you. Awesome.

Since html forms are a stateless process the old rules don't apply. The server sees only one user if all the apps are compiled using the same username. After it gives you your request it forgets about you. So whether there are 1 or 1000 users the database doesn't care. It works harder no doubt but there no considerations to user sessions.

Brian

On Sun, 30 May 1999 16:05:35 -0700, "Brady J. Horenstein" <bhorenst_at_teleport.com> wrote:

>Ok, we are looking into getting Oracle 8i to database-back our web sites.
>What should I look for to get started with Oracle?
>
>What tools do I need to work w/ the database? Is Oracle WebDB a good
>program for this?
>
>Also, I am looking for an answer to a situation that will probably come
>about at some point: Lets say I have Oracle8i w/ a 5 user kit of Oracle.
>If our web page is database-backed and 12 people hit the web page at once,
>will it only allow 5 of them to pull data or does it the 5 user kit mean
>something else. If so, what does it mean?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Sincerely,
>Brady J. Horenstein
>bhorenst_at_teleport.com

Good Luck! Brian_RestonVA
Oracle GEHS
The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Sun Jun 06 1999 - 03:32:51 CEST

Original text of this message