Re: WebDB Listener won't listen

From: John M. Heaton <vorkus_at_city-net.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 00:13:13 -0400

[Quoted] If I recall the docs said something about installing webdb into a separate Oracle home if it was to be used with 8i. Did you? It seems to work most of the time under 8.0.5. About twice a week it crashes. As for 8i, personally I think its mostly vaporware(some of 8 too). We purchased a copy of JDeveloper Enterprise. It came with Oracle 8 but Procedure Builder (on the JDeveloper disk) has to have SQL*Net 7.3.4 installed to run. Vaporware!

John

P.S. We ordered the Context Cartridge and they sent us Fail Safe. That says something!