Help!!! Oracle 8 setup halt

From: hb <hongbozhang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 21:28:21 -0400

Hi,

I removed Oracle 8 personal version from Windows 95 by using control panel. There is still a directory C:\\Orawin95, and "Oracle for Windows 95" in Program group in which there are "Oracle Home Selector" and "Oracle installer".

After installing Visual Studio 6.0, I tried to reinstall Oracle, but I got the following error messages at the beginning of setup:

   Orainst
   This program has preformed an illegal operation and will be shut down.    if the problem persists, contact the program vendor.

With this message, there is another message box asking me to debug. I clicked on VC++ debug executed and the bug message is: " Unhandled exception in Orainst.exe (OIBKND32.DLL): 0xC0000005:   Access Vilation"

I also tried to install it from "Oracle installer", but I got nothing in available
program list.

Would you help to reinstall Oracle on my PC?

Thank you.

Hongbo Received on Sat Jun 05 1999 - 03:28:21 CEST

Original text of this message