Re: Synchronization of multiple database instance at multiple sites with Workgroup Edition

From: Alan Johns <Alan_at_tarragon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 14:36:16 +0100

Greetings.
I may know of something that can help you, but I would need to know a bit more about the details of the synchronisation of the databases. 1. How large are the databases involved. 2. Are all three databases images of each other or are some subsets of teh others.
3. Can you define one of the databases as the central or master database, or are all three at the same level.

There is a tool from \Princeton Softech called synpoint which is ideally suited to synchronising multiple disparate databases where there are complex subseted databases requiring synchro to a central database. The synchronisation can take place accross different DBMS's including Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, DB2 UDB , DB2 OS390.

If you think this might help, either contact me in the UK, or take a look at Princeton Softech's web site on www.princetonsoftech.com

Thanks.

Alan Johns
In article <7j7rgb$3bn$1_at_news5.jaring.my>, Shawn Tee <ystee_at_mbox4.singnet.com.sg> writes
>Hi,
>
>My company has just migrated from MSsql 6.5 to Oracle. We have 3 site
>offices and will be installing an Oracle database engine at each of the
>site. Since my boss has bought the Workgroup Edition(without replication),
>can anyone provide any idea on how can I synchronized the 3 database
>instances at the end of a transaction day.
>
>Thanks.
>
>sucheeha_at_singnet.com.sg

Best regards

--
  Alan Johns
  Tarragon Software Ltd - UK & Ireland Distributor for

        DBE Software - DB Examiner for Oracle, DB2, Sysbase, SQL Server

Phone: 44(0)1480 414141
  Fax: 44(0)1480 436869