Re: Problem in Designer2000

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 13:12:04 +0200

[Quoted] CDI-20269 Dataflow ""%1"" source/destination ends are not on the diagram. The dataflow will be removed.

Sounds fair enough to me - you do point the dataflow INSIDE diagram LF2, so it does not end on LF1. It is now a Resolved Flow

On LF1, Edit->Include->Resolved Flow will display the DF.

Michael Hui wrote:

> Diane ¼¶¼g©ó¤å³¹ ...
> >In article <7j2gq5$1bj10_at_news.hk.linkage.net>, Michael Hui
> ><mikehui_at_netvigator.com> writes
> >>I'm the beginner of Designer 2000. After I create a new dataflow diagram,
> >>create an external entity (EE1), Frame Function (FF), Local Function in FF
> >>(LF1) and Dataflow (DF1) connect between EE1 and LF1. Then, I select 'open
> >>down' in LF1, so, another new diagram is appear for LF1. EE1 and DF1 are
> >>already exist. Then I create another Local Function inside LF1 named LF2,
> >>and move DF1 connect to LF2 from EE1. Finally, I select 'open up' in LF1.
> >>discovered that there is a red spot appear in DF1. When I select DF1, the
> >>message prompt as the dataflow is updated by another user, please requery.
> >>Then, I requery the diagram, the error message CDI-20269 appear and
> removed
> >>DF1. I've no idea about this problem.
> >>Does any faults to create dataflow diagram as above? Does any suggestion
> or
> >>advices for me?
> >>Thank you for your attention.
> >>
> >>Michael Hui
> >>mikehui_at_netvigator.com
> >>

> >I think you need to change the options on the dataflow diagrammer to
> >show resolved flows. Which version of designer are you using?
> >--
> >Diane
>
> Thanks for your reply. The version of Oracle Designer2000 is 2.1.1 which is
> downloaded from www.oracle.com. I checked the options in dataflow
> diagrammer, the view of Resolved flow is always marked. Does any suggestion
> for me? Thanks a lot.
>
> Regards,
> Michael Hui
> mikehui_at_netvigator.com

[Quoted] That tells the diagrammer to display resolved flows, not to include them...

BTW 2.1.1 is quite buggy - get a hold of 2.1.2 asap!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle
V&L Informatica BV
Work                           Home
Postbus 545                    Hunzestraat 4
7500 AM Enschede               7555 WB Hengelo
(31)53.434.1500                (31)74.242.5046