Re: Help -- Unable to remove Oracle Products on NT workstation

From: Rick Losey <rlosey_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 19:04:02 -0600

If you want to get rid of your products, you need to "rip out" the Oracle software. This is a three step process.

  1. Use the Oracle installer and remove everything that you can.
  2. Use Regedit and remove the entire Oracle Hive from HKLocalMachine and HKCurrentUser. These will be the HKLM/software/oracle and HKCU/software/oracle hives.
  3. Delete the OracleHome directory. This could be, for example, e:\orant\

Then you will be able to reinstall whatever oracle software that you want.

Rick Losey