Re: fastest way to extract Oracle data with VB?

From: Gustavo Tavares <grst_at_zaz.com.br>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 20:17:03 -0300

Mitch wrote in message <7j1qc3$h0q$1_at_news.doit.wisc.edu>...

--I need to extract about 1000 records from an Oracle 8 database into Access 97 using Visual Basic 6. My current code uses standard DAO methods to accomplish this task but it takes roughly 2 minutes to populate the Access 97 table with the Oracle records. This seems too long to me...Is RDO or ADO faster?

I included some sample code. Please feel free to suggest any enhancements you can think of:

Look in the Oracle Objects for OLE Documentation. Itīs a set of objects/classes
like DAO native access faster then ODBC connection.

--
[]īs

from Goiania - Goias - Brasil
Gustavo Roberto Silva Tavares