Pro*C and Y2K

From: David Chemla <davidc_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 20:59:10 +0200

Hi,

I'm running Oracle 7.3.4 on Unix NCR.

I had a look today at the V$SQLAREA of my database on which people were working.

I saw many times executed the
"alter session ... NLS_DATE_FORMAT='DD-MON-YY'" statement, the default value being DD-MON-RR in the initSID.ora.

I think this comes from the Pro*C compilation. In fact, if I grep the statement, I can find it in all my Pro*C BINARIES but never in my source files.

I don't know much about the Pro*C precompiler. Would anyone have an idea on how to correct this problem ?

Thanks a lot by advance for any suggestions.

David. Received on Thu Jun 03 1999 - 20:59:10 CEST

Original text of this message