Using OAS 4.0.7.1 to run perl scripts

From: Steve B <steve.bright_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 17:44:53 +0100

I've followed the OAS documentation ( and a bit more besides ). to try to run Perl scripts by bypassing the Perl cartridge as I cannot get it working and Oracle support still reckon its not fully released. I've managed to execute the simple standard Hello World script by wrapping the hello.pl file in a .cmd file which contains the line

perl c:\perl\hello.pl

The web page that is returned echos the DOS prompts... The use of _at_echo off as the first line of the .cmd file produces the Error
"The server encountered an error performing a CGI operation: "
"Could not access pipe "

When run from the command line it works as expected...

Is there any way to get rid of the echo without error ???

Or even better, is there a way of configuring the server ( NT4 SP3 ) so that it will run the perl scripts without the .cmd wrappers via the Oracle Application Server ( version 4.0.7.1 ) ???

Any help is greatly appreciated....

Cheers

Steve Bright

steve.bright_at_capgemini.co.uk Received on Thu Jun 03 1999 - 18:44:53 CEST

Original text of this message