Des2k chained LOV buttons

From: Bart Hanssens <antares_at_grmbl.com>
Date: 3 Jun 1999 16:24:55 GMT

Hi,

Situation as follows:

1 base table CUSTOMER
2 chained lookup tables CITY and COUNTRY

CUSTOMER      CITY              COUNTRY
city_code >-- code           +- code
...           ZIPcode        |  name
              country_code >-+

(ZIPcode, country_code) is unique
city_code, country_code are FKs
code, code are PKs

I'm using Designer/2000 2.1 with Forms 5.0. Is it possible to generate two LOV-buttons, so that a user first has to choose a country from a LOV and then has to choose a city from a second LOV, containing only the cities located in that country ? Generated form would look like:

Country_code [v] ZIPcode [v]

I tried using chained lookup tables in Designer, but I only get 1 LOV-button and the LOV shows all the records in CITY. I guess I could manually create unbound items and a LOVs in Forms, but I would like to know if there is a Designer-way.

Thanks,

Bart Hanssens

--
c...because you can't build universes upon E = m COBOL^2