Re: pro* C conversion from LONG to BLOBs

From: joydeep.mukherjee <joydeep.mukherjee_at_cwix.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 00:25:27 GMT

I don't know if this info will be of any help to you . I faced exactly the same problem that you are having with regards to replicating LONG ( also LONG RAX & RAW ) columns . I developed my own application in VC++ to replicate an Oracle Database through ODBC to get around the problem. If you have programed with VC++ & MFC , its pretty simple to write this kind of app .

Joy ( joydeep.mukherjee_at_cwix.com )

pauldb wrote in message <927897950.27214_at_www.remarq.com>...

>I am busy trying to do replication of a database using the
>snaphot mechanism that is available under Oracle 8.
>
>However LONGs are not supported for replication and
>so i would like to know if there is anyone who has
>implemented BLOBs.. and can give me any examples of
>reading and writing BLob columns to a table.
>
>I would appreciate any feedback
>
>Thanks,
>Paul
>

>**** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here