Re: Oracle & Win 32 API

From: Paul Couchman <paul.couchman_at_kvaerner.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 07:50:46 GMT

>Scott Haley <haleysco_at_pilot.msu.edu> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
>3754222C.818EA73C_at_pilot.msu.edu...
>> Can I make a call from Forms to the Win32 API? I need access to a
>> function in the windows api.
>>
>Yes you can. Check out documentation about the ora_ffi package to integrate
>dll-libraries in forms...
>
>and before have a look at d2kwutil.pll where some api calls are already
>implemented...
>
>hth
>joe

Yep - But beware - when issuing your runtime product, make sure that all of the Microsoft controls are present on the target machine. We had a lot of trouble with the interface to Windows Help via the d2kwutil method.

Another way is to access the APi via the OLE interface using the OLE importer tool in forms 5.0 (if that is what you are using) Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 09:50:46 CEST

Original text of this message