Question about native drivers for Oracle

From: Keith Shave <dgillesp_at_mts.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 16:26:17 GMT

[Quoted] I am using Powerbuilder's native driver for Oracle to connect to the database. Currently, a userid and password is supplied via a text file so the logon process is automated (I simply double click an icon to start the program up).

If this userid and password were not supplied, would I receive a dialog box with userid,password and database fields? I know this automatically comes up when you work with an ODBC driver, but I wasn't sure about native drivers.

Also, does anybody know if VB has it's own native Oracle driver? If it does, would it work the same as the situation I described above? Received on Tue Jun 01 1999 - 18:26:17 CEST

Original text of this message