Re: Export from 8.0 to 7.0 ?

From: Ernst de Haan <ernst_at_znerd.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 10:14:21 +0200

Hi Ronald and all,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I created Oracle 7 views using the catexp7.sql script (yes, that was the name =). And then I copied the exp utility from our Oracle 7 site to the Oracle 8 site. But I get a segmentation fault when I run the exp (7) program, right after answering the last question (Compress extents). After that, I tried running the catexp.sql script, but that didn't help either. Still a segfault.

Do I have to install the whole Oracle 7 product, or am I missing some files? The Oracle 8 documentation does not clear this up. I did find the section on importing from release 8 to release 7, btw.

Any ideas?

GreetinX++, Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
Corporate Technical Officer

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened"
   -- Jesus Christ