Re: FORMS 4.5: Value displayed in control block text item changes for no reason

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 31 May 1999 01:43:06 GMT

In article <374EFD4A.B8403AFC_at_xmission.com>, Sean McMurray <smcmurr_at_xmission.com> wrote:
>I have a control block with several text items.
>
>I populate the text items programatically, the go_block to the block.
>
>Then, when the user edits the value of one of the text items (A), and
>clicks on a different text item (B) in the block, the value displayed in
>item A reverts to the original value. If the user clicks back in A, the
>value changes to what they type in, but reverts again when they leave
>the field.
>
>There are no triggers on any of the items, or the block. There is no
>form level trigger that explains this behavior.

It sounds like the field's Maximum Length is much greater than the display width, so the user is actually typing new characters after the original text. When you leave the field, you see the beginning of the field. I am not sure if this is it, but when your cursor is in the field, use the keyboard left and right arrow keys to move left and right in the field to see if this is the problem.

Steve Cosner Received on Mon May 31 1999 - 03:43:06 CEST

Original text of this message