Getting Started w/ Oracle - I REALLY NEED HELP

From: Brady J. Horenstein <bhorenst_at_teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 16:05:35 -0700

[Quoted] Ok, we are looking into getting Oracle 8i to database-back our web sites. What should I look for to get started with Oracle?

What tools do I need to work w/ the database? Is Oracle WebDB a good program for this?

Also, I am looking for an answer to a situation that will probably come about at some point: Lets say I have Oracle8i w/ a 5 user kit of Oracle. If our web page is database-backed and 12 people hit the web page at once, will it only allow 5 of them to pull data or does it the 5 user kit mean something else. If so, what does it mean?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Brady J. Horenstein
bhorenst_at_teleport.com Received on Mon May 31 1999 - 01:05:35 CEST

Original text of this message