Export from 8.0 to 7.0 ?

From: Ernst de Haan <ernst_at_znerd.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 19:52:59 +0200

[Quoted] Hi all,

We've got two sites, one is running an Oracle 8 database and the other runs Oracle 7. I used the 'exp' tool to create an export of the Oracle 8 database tables (both structure and content), but Oracle 7 fails to import the data, telling me that the header is invalid. I've tried to enable/disable the options (like compress extent for example), but that doesn't change anything.

Would anyone know how to make Oracle 7 import the Oracle 8 export file? A utility to convert from 7 to 8 would help, too. I cannot find anything in the Oracle 8 bin/ directory that looks like "exp_to_7".

Any help/pointers would be appreciated.

GreetinX++,

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
Chief Technical Officer

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ