Pre-Checking for Lock

From: Simon Hedges <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 13:24:44 +0100

[Quoted] Does anyone know if there's a way of processing only records that records are not locked, preferably using SQL (i.e. using bulk UPDATE and DELETE statements), but I'll take a PL/SQL row-by-row solution if I have to.

I have a batch task that I want to run in the background that processes a lot of data. I don't want it to be stopped because of locking, but I'm happy to process the unlocked records now, and then come back and do the rest in half an hour. After 3 hours, I can check for any records that are still unprocessed and then raise an alert for me to investigate.

Any ideas?

Simon Hedges
Gloucester
UK Received on Sat May 29 1999 - 14:24:44 CEST

Original text of this message