Handwriting Oracle table replication

From: pauldb <luapdb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 05:50:39 -0800

Hi.

I have an existing database which need to be replicated. The problem that i have is that the major dynamic tables use the type LONG to store data. This is not supported under the oracle Replication scheme, so i will have no choice but to hand write a replicator or to rewrite all the database code to use BLOBs.

This is really a two part question.

Does anyone know what is involved in writing a replicator using Pro*c.

OR

How easy is it to convert Pro*c code which was referencing LONGs to reference BLOBs and are there some examples.

Any comments, ideas.
Can anyone do all my work for me free of charge?

have a lovely day,
Paul