from Informix to Oracle NT

From: <g_beitzel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 06:41:18 GMT

Hi All,

I work for a small Informix Software development house, and have been doing so for years. We have just signed up for our first Oracle development. I have installed Oracle8 on a NT box, It all appears to have worked. I am just looking for a good reference point (i.e. book, website, FAQ) which will help me quickly set up a database, Users, other DBA related tasks as well as loading some simple test data, so we can start playing with it. We are extremely knowledgeable with Informix, but until we got the CD today we knew nothing of the practicalities of Oracle.

Thanks in advance
G Beitzel
g_beitzel_at_yahoo.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri May 28 1999 - 08:41:18 CEST

Original text of this message