Oracle DB Replication

From: Kevin Changet <change_t_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 22:34:59 GMT

I'm researching Oracle's replication and was wondering if anybody has used it and what type of problems you may have encountered. I am looking for specifics on the delay between the databases. Like how instantaneous is instantaneous replication? A little background on my situation. I've got an Oracle 8.0.5 DB server setup in the southwest and want to have it replicate to a database in the midwest. I am trying to figure out if I can get by on my current network or if I should drop $$(not like I have it) for a T1 direct connection. Has anybody had to make a similar choice? I am worried that all the routers/hubs/etc. that this stuff currently needs to get through will negatively impact the Oracle Replication capabilities/reliability/stability.

Ideally this site will function as a backup so that if the primary site goes down, all I need to do is have the users log off and then log back on to the system and they will be redirected to the midwest site.

I need any help I can get on this subject.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri May 28 1999 - 00:34:59 CEST

Original text of this message