Re: Revoke Privileges from a role

From: Simon Hedges <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 22:38:36 +0100

Dan Webb wanted to:

>be able to click on a button
>that would issue the command ...
>
>"revoke insert, update, delete ON timecard from tc_user;
>commit;"
>
>In theory, I hope this would allow tc_user to continue to select on the
>table untill the schema owner re assigns the other privileges. I'm
>trying to avoid having the clerk, who will be acting as the database
>administrator, go into SQL*Plus and issue the revoke command.
>
>Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried doing the above more or less exactly as you describe?

You need to revoke FROM, rather than ON, and you don't need a commit, but [Quoted] otherwise it should work if placed in a 'when button pressed' trigger. If [Quoted] that fails, try using the FORMS_DDL built-in procedure.

I can't think why this should fail, but I may be missing something.

Simon Hedges
Gloucester
UK Received on Thu May 27 1999 - 23:38:36 CEST

Original text of this message