Re: GUI to use w/Oracle?

From: Stilian Elenkov <elenkovs_at_vtls.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 13:53:50 -0400

Jeremy Winston wrote:

> Given the multiplicity of GUI building options with Oracle,
> does anyone have sufficient experience to recommend one
> over another?
>
> I'm considering:
>
> Pro*C w/MSVC++,
> Developer/2000, and
> Java w/JDBC.
>
> Are there reasons to prefer one over another?
> Are there other reasonable options I'm missing?
>
> Ideally, I'd like the flexibility of a VC++ GUI,
> but with a shallower learning curve.
>
> TIA,
> -Jeremy

I can recommend Delphi 2,3,4 Professional with Direct Oracle Drivers (http://www.allroundautomations.nl/doabeta.html) and NO BDE. This allows for building flexible powerful GUI apps, rapidly and inexpensively. The only drawback is they are not portable (win32 only).

Stilian

--
Linus Torvalds on Microsoft and software development:
"... if it's a hobby for me and a job for you, why are you doing such a