Re: Anyone Actually using Dev/2000 Server / Web Enabled forms ?

From: Noel O'Brien <noel_at_paragon.ie>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 17:02:05 +0100

[Quoted] Thanks Tilen for the info...

we too have skipped 1.4 and 1.5 and gone to 2.1 (forms 5).

We have been doing prototypes with static html pages calling or launching our form using the latest Jinitiator.

This plugin is downloaded once and then things speed up a bit. we have been told by Oracle that the new MS IE 5 now support the running of Oracle Forms 5 without the need for Jinitiator. Oracle said Microsoft seem to have moved closer to the java used by Oracle.

anyway...

We are only using may 5 or 6 forms that are launched by users hitting a html page.

Have you got many Forms running like this ? or have you just looked at it like we did.

We are finding it very hard to find a reference site or even any live or production installation of this 'web enabled forms'

We too have used Plsql generated by Designer to deploy sites but as you say it seems too complex.

We have only this week started to look at WebDB.

Thanks for your input.

Noel