Re: HELP -- Check Dir in Forms 4.5?!

From: <hoyt_chen_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 14:08:30 GMT

[Quoted] Hi Sudip:

[Quoted] Thank you for your reply. It does NOT work in my situation, because I can't know what file (even a dummy file) each user has. TEXT_IO.FOPEN [Quoted] checks the existance of the file, not the directory. Any other suggection?

HC

In article <01bea7fa$cac4a4a0$740a94ad_at_mico4.ban.india.bosch.com>,   "K.T.Raja" <sudip.roy_at_in.bosch.com> wrote:
> Using TEXT_IO.FOPEN try to open a dummy file and set a flag if
successful.
> Else trap the exception which indicates the directory is not correct.
>
> Bye
> Sudip
>
> hoyt_chen_at_my-deja.com wrote in article
<7ihpn0$eh9$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> > How can I check if a directory exists or not?
> > (Before I let the user to save file in a folder, I have to check if
the
> > folder exists or not in order to set the value of StartDirectory in
> > WIN_API_DIALOG.SAVE_FILE.)
> >
> > OS: Windows 9x/NT, Interface: Forms 4.5
> >
> > many thanks.
> >
> > Hoyt
> >

> > --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
> > ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Thu May 27 1999 - 16:08:30 CEST

Original text of this message