Host Variable for VARCHAR2

From: <abutarif_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 22:21:08 GMT

Hi,
[Quoted] What's the Host variable type in Pro*C that I can use for the ORACLE VARCHAR2(Y) internal data type, where Y is the number of characters. I've tried char array and it didn't work.

Put another way, I have an Oracle table with a VARCHAR2 field that I swant to be able to query with an
EXEC SQL SELECT DEPTNO INTO :dn FROM DEPTS WHERE DEPTNO = 1; statement embedded in my C code; what's the proper type for the :dn variable/structure?

Thanks,
-Abu-tarif