Re: Index troubles with SQLLoader

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 22:55:54 +0100

In article <7if2j6$61m$1_at_msunews.cl.msu.edu>, Chris Weiss <weisschr_at_pilot.msu.edu> writes
>Drop and recreate your index before you perform the delete.
>
>Chris

I'm sure there is a (re?) enable constraints clause you can put at the end of the control file.
If you are direct load mode, then I think I hit this bug myself a while back but I can't remember the details. try analyse table xx validate structure cascade and then tell support. I seem to remember it was an index left in direct load state but the system was still trying to use it and I had a big arg with support over whether it was a bug or a feature.
They were wrong ;-)

--
Please remove nospam from my address to Reply.