Re: Problem with data block "where" clause

From: Mark Gumbs <mgumbs_at_nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 10:26:10 +0100

I can see what you are trying to do, unfortunately forms doesn't support it. The first part of your declaration must be a field name corresponding to a field in your base table and in your block.

You either can use dbms_sql to retrieve your query and populate your block 'manually' or do something a bit flash with the default_where property of the block at runtime.
I never tried it but you may be able to use the name_in command.

e.g in the key_exeqry trigger of the block

v_query := name_in('CTRL_BLOCK.FIELD_NAME ') ||' like '|| :CTRL_BLOCK.FIELD_VALUE
set_block_property('block_name', default_where, v_query); execute_query;

You may have to tidy up the first line to get the quotes in the right places but you have an idea anyway.

HTH Mark